The posts on this blog are copied from my private blog: "At The Rose Cottage". If you are interested in viewing The Rose Cottage, which has more personal family posts and pictures, email me at stewcrew9 at gmail.com.
Jenny



Thursday, May 20, 2010

Since The Rain... Things Look So Much Better

Does anyone else remember that song, "Since The Rain"? Back in my radio days, I liked it and if I remember correctly, Ian Tyson sang it. Anyway, once in a while I think of it on a fresh, sweet morning after a rain. We had a good heavy thunder shower yesterday evening so...
This morning was one of those mornings - full of sweet smells and sparkling beauty.

This next picture is what I call a "Tulip Kiss". Doesn't it look like it is puckering up?? ;)
I never used to be a morning person - in fact I was a confirmed night hawk. I have defected to the morning crowd over the past ten years.
Last night after Bible study, I saw so many people out walking and biking and I was tempted to join them. However, there were still some jobs to be done in the kitchen and I didn't want to get to bed late. I have to be in bed dozing by 11:00PM for me to be worth anything in the morning. I comforted myself that the morning would be mine. I had a whole hour of quiet morning sweetness of my very own.

It was worth waiting for...there weren't even any mosquitoes out!


My transportation for the morning was my new bike. :) It took me (or rather I took it) on a lovely 5 mile pedal, mostly out of town. You can see my handy basket that makes carrying my camera easy. :D I am so thankful for this lovely gift from my husband!



No comments: