The posts on this blog are copied from my private blog: "At The Rose Cottage". If you are interested in viewing The Rose Cottage, which has more personal family posts and pictures, email me at stewcrew9 at gmail.com.
Jenny



Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Fever

We have all had a case of spring fever this last week.

The four walls of our little house seem to be marching in on us and we all have this itchy, got-to-go-somewhere feeling.

We have all dealt with it differently.

The way that I usually deal with it is to do something creative.

Sometimes that is using my camera.

Sometimes that is sewing.

Yesterday that was painting.

I just got a new set of watercolour pencils.

And a new book of paper. J

This meadowlark was my first project with the pencils.

I have enjoyed watercolours and acrylics in the past,

But the pencils were something new.

I thoroughly enjoyed them!

Here are some of past projects:

This is a copy of a painting I did of my Granddad and his horse.

This is in our living room: lighthouses.

Doodling around doing pictures of Steven and the children.

So, I have my new pencils and paper sitting on my dresser. When I feel the spring fever coming on, all I have to do is pick them up and create.

It seems to work as an instant cure for me.

J

No comments: