The posts on this blog are copied from my private blog: "At The Rose Cottage". If you are interested in viewing The Rose Cottage, which has more personal family posts and pictures, email me at stewcrew9 at gmail.com.
Jenny



Friday, March 5, 2010

More Morning Pictures

I thought I would share some of the pictures from my morning walks over the last week. There has been a mix of clear and misty mornings but all mild.
I probably have said all this before, but my morning walk is a very special time to me. It is some time by myself, time to organize my thoughts and ideas for the day, and time to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise.
Last night, a heavy, freezing mist rolled in. It had cleared off by the time I went out in the morning, but it left these little ice bits all over the trees. As the day warmed up, they were all tinkling down.






































This morning's sunrise was so lovely!
I just got to the top of the hill as the sun peeked above the horizon.
It was worshipful to stand there with my face to the rising sun...alone in the fields.

I really get my heart pumping by the time I have power-walked to the top of this long, gradual hill. It doesn't look steep, but it is 1/2 mile long.


Big sky.


This little field sparrow landed right beside me on the road - and then let me pull my camera out and snap a few pictures of it. :)


One of the misty, but almost clear mornings.

A hardy Manitoba Maple that seeded itself on the road allowance.


A very foggy morning - walking to my Dad's house.

I am so thankful for a safe, little town to walk in.
When I go out, I have my camera bag over my shoulder (because I know the morning that I leave it at home, I will see something exceptionally beautiful), my ipod in my pocket and a cell phone in the other (makes me feel safer).
I usually get up an hour before the rest of the family which gives me time to get a few miles in before breakfast.
:)

No comments: